Let the professionals organize everything for you…
MOZAMBIQUE IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
United States citizens hoping to apply for a tourist visa to Mozambique can start the process online with the Mozambique visa application form. Original, signed U.S. Passport, valid for at least six months beyond your proposed departure date from Mozambique. Your passport must have three blank pages for your visa.
Mozambique boasts a tropical climate with two seasons, the wet season from October to March, and the dry season from April to September. Climatic conditions vary depending on the altitude. Rainfall along the coast is heavy, but decreases in the north and south. Cyclones are common during the wet season. The average temperature ranges in Maputo range from 13 degrees to 24 degrees Celsius in July, to 22 to 31 degrees Celsius in February.
A course of anti-malaria tablets is strongly advised. Vaccinations against hepatitis A, polio tetanus and typhoid are also recommended. A yellow fever certificate is required for those arriving from infected areas. Hunting is done mainly in wet conditions in marsh areas and forest areas and you should use insect repellants and observe good foot health during your stay.
Firearms Import Regulations
Mozambique law stipulates that overseas hunters are allowed to bring into the country:
• No more than 1 Rifles and 1 Shot Gun or 2 Rifles.
• A maximum of 100 rounds of ammunition per caliber.
• No ammunition may be packed with a firearm. It must be packed separately and needs to be included in checked luggage.
• Handguns, semi automatic or military style firearms are prohibited.
• You will need to clear the firearms in South Africa, so you will need to complete the South African firearm import procedure and permit form, contact us for more info. Please see Fire arms import regulations in the South Africa section of this website.
The client needs to send a copy of passport, rifle make, caliber and serial number with application to our office. Hunting Season: End of April to November 30th. The temperatures during the winter months are 70-90 F, warms up during the day, so dress in layers is the best.